Reading Interfaith Group began as a response to the challenge and opportunities of an increasingly global economy. As inspiration and ideas from all over the world came to Reading, the Reading Interfaith Group aims to challenge fear and prejudice by bringing people together.
Their mission is:
- To enable members of different faiths to learn about and experience each other’s beliefs, practices, and traditions.
- To acknowledge each other’s differing spiritual paths.
- To challenge misinformation and prejudice.
- To promote friendship through interfaith dialogue and hospitality locally and nationally.
- To support interfaith initiatives organised in the Reading area by faith and community leaders.